Utah Nursing NewsAccording to Nurse.org Utah ranks number 38 among all 50 states in nursing salary. The average RN salary $63,050 and average hourly is $30.31. The number of RNs in Utah, as of 2019, is 21,340. (stats from Nurse.org)
VideosYoutube video of the arrested Utah nurse after she was following hospital policy. Youtube video of the arrested Utah nurse leads to Lieutenant Officer Demotion
Utah Online Nursing Resources
Utah Board of Nursing Utah Nurses Association The Utah Nurses Association has been an early supporter of expanding Medicaid fully in Utah. We have testified, monitored, and advocated for this expansion. Our legislators have worked long and hard and have still failed to expand Medicaid sufficiently to cover even half of the uninsured in Utah. Dual UNA/ANA membership for $15.00 per month.
Utah Nursing SchoolsAccredited nursing schools in Utah with contact information, addresses, tuition and fees. Google Map of Utah Nursing Schools
Utah HospitalsHospitals in Utah Google Map of Utah Hospitals
Looking for a Nursing Job??Nursing Gateway can Help!! Click on the main page under Careers tab and select your nursing field and then the blue Job Search button Choose from many nursing specialties including advanced practice, hospital, and community jobs in nursing.
Utah Nursing StoresFor a list of the major nursing stores in Utah. (click on the google map to see all major nursing stores).
Join the discussion about State Specific Nursing Information
2 Ways to Join the Discussions
- Nursing Journaling – share information with the community about yourself and your nursing/life experiences
- Nursing Networking – comment or ask questions on other members journal entries
Nursing Gateway Discussions – Utah
- Advanced Practice Nurse in Utah – Advantages/Disadvantages
- Ask a Local Nurse
- Education – Schools
- How to become a Nurse in Utah?
- Local Nurse Shops
- New Advances in Medical Treatment in Utah
- New Technology in Nursing Utah
- Relocating to Utah?
- Travel Nursing in Utah
- Utah State Specific Resources
- Vacation Hot Spots in Utah
- What is Trending in Nursing Utah?
- Workplace – Advantages/Disadvantages
Utah State FactsUtah was acquired by the United States in 1848 in the treaty ending the Mexico War.
Salt Lake City… Utah is the only state whose capital’s name is made of three words. All three words in Salt Lake City have four letters each. Salt Lake City was originally named Great Salt Lake City. Great was dropped from the name in 1868.Flag:
Utah’s flag features the state seal against a field of blue. The date 1847 is the year the Mormons came to Utah. 1896 is the year Utah became the 45th state.visit state symbols USA for more Utah state symbols
List of professional sports teams in Utah per Wikepedia. List of college athletic programs in Utah
Top 10 Travel Destinations in Utah
- Arches National Park
- Zion National Park
- Monument Valley
- Great Salt Lake
- Canyonlands National Park
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Homestead Crater
- Bear Lake
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
Utah fun facts
- Levan, is “navel” spelled backwards. It is so named because it is in the middle of Utah.
- Interstate 70 enters the eastern edge of the state, from Grand Junction Colorado, and ends where it intersects Interstate 15, near Cove Fort. This section of Interstate 70 is one of the most deserted stretches of Interstate in the United States.
- Rainbow Bridge, Nature’s abstract sculpture carved of solid sandstone, is the world’s largest natural-rock span. It stands 278 feet wide and 309 feet high.
- The Great Salt Lake covers 2,100 square miles, with an average depth of 13 feet. The deepest point is 34 feet.
- The average snowfall in the mountains near Salt Lake City is 500 inches.